Hello and welcome to the Global Lounge

"I would like to invite you to put your feet up for the next hour or so and join me for a musical journey from jazz to blues, folk to roots with all destinations in between...crossing oceans, borders and political boundaries to bring you music from around the world..."

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The womad marathon continues this week....

Date: 22nd April 2012

Playlist

Deka - Dobet Gnahore - album Djekpa La You 2010
Cote D'Ivoire - Dobet Gnahore - al Djekpa La You
Kokpa - Dobet Gnahore - al Djekpa La You
Life on Mars - The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - album Live in London #1 2008
Teenage Dirtbag - The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - al Live in London #1
Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll - The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - al Live in London #1
Music for a Found Harmonium - The Penguin Cafe Orchestra - al A Brief History 2001
Perpetuum Mobile - The Penguin Cafe Orchestra -  al A Brief History
4Lb - Sundog - al Insofar/Side 1 2012
Black Sands - Bonobo - al Black Sands 2010
El Toro - Bonobo - album Black Sands 2010
We could forever - Bonobo - al Black Sands 2010


I thought Bonobo was going to be huge. One performance. Stage 3... am I missing something here? Why schedule their only performance on Stage 3?
And then the group of people next to us were talking and I overheard them saying "Bonobo.. who? Nah, not going over to that.."
And I thought, cool, no need to rush over there then. I thought maybe the Womadelaide audiences may not know who is going to be on stage. We can stroll over there and get a prime spot.
Oh. How WRONG I WAS!!! Laughing now. But not at the time... sigh.

I was sure someone would have some video I could watch later on YouTube...
:)



And if you remember the Australian movie "Malcolm" you may remember this piece of music.....